Swiss Screw Machining, also known as Swiss Automatic Lathe Machining is used to create extremely small precision parts with exceptional accuracy. While they were originally used to create small turned components such as the watch parts, the speed and accuracy of the Swiss Automatic Lathe makes it the preferred manufacturing option for a variety of small and highly complex components.
Accumation, Inc is a leading provider of superior quality Swiss Precision Machined Products. We have all Tornos Machines at our Facility; 32 Single-Spindle CAM Machines and 2 Swiss Nano CNC Machines, which allow us to produce small, complex parts with the utmost speed and efficiency. Our equipment is available with automatic bar loaders, specialized attachments, and custom programming that provides Quality Parts with precision detail and tight tolerances.
BENEFITS OF SWISS AUTOMATIC LATHE WITH SLIDING HEADSTOCK
A sliding headstock automatic lathe is a highly versatile machine that is designed for efficient and accurate production, with fast cycle times.
- Accurate – Sliding Headstock Automatic lathes are known for their extreme accuracy and precision. They can machine thousands of parts to a very tight tolerance and maintain that tolerance throughout the production run.
- Production – Sliding Headstock Automatic Lathes produce completed parts by loading material into a bar loader and the machine then automatically loads the material through the guide bushing where is it pushed out to be machined. The Engineering of the Part is controlled by the CAM Setup and the Turning Tools. When the part is complete, it is ejected into a container.
- Small Parts – Sliding Headstock Lathes were specifically designed to produce small parts that traditional lathes would not be capable of machining.
- Multiple Operations – Sliding Headstock Automatic Lathes can engage the material with multiple tools at once allowing for complex operations. This also dramatically reduces the time required to manufacture the part.
APPLICATIONS AND INDUSTRIES
The precision and speed of Swiss Machining make it an ideal production process for components and products in numerous industries, including:
- Medical – Medical Parts are precision machined from Customer Approved Materials with extremely tight tolerances.
- Dental – Small Components used in Dental Instruments
- Military and Defense – Critical components used in Testing Equipment
- Aerospace – Exact and Precision Connectors
- Musical Instruments – Many musical instruments benefit from the superior accuracy of Swiss machined components
- Communications – In the communication industry contacts and connectors are all manufactured with Swiss Machining
- Automotive – The automotive industry uses a wide range of precision Swiss machined components including terminals for suspension and braking
PRECISION SWISS AUTOMATIC LATHE MACHINING AT ACCUMATION INC
At Accumation, Inc we provide our customers with the highest quality Swiss Machined parts and products available. With over 50 years of experience, our ISO 9001:2015 Certified facility incorporates state-of-the-art Swiss Automatic Lathe Machines that can handle even the most complex and miniature components. To learn more about our capabilities, contact our experts today or request a quote.